Tuesday, May 27, 2008

GREEN SQUARED

$4 per gallon...that is my breaking point. So today I broke down and took the bus to work. The New Albany park and ride is about 4 miles from home which shaves about 28 miles off my normal trip...or 56 miles per day. So for the inconvenience of 4 extra stops and $2 I can live a little greener sharing a trip with 20some strangers and keep a lot more green in my wallet....most mornings and afternoons you will now find my on the #39 Express. What is your breaking point?

*picture from flickr.com

3 comments:

Cyndy Eng-Dinsel said...

I have a pretty high price point. Caused by a 20 minute drive to work and a 30 minute drive home at 6:00 am, versus an hour and a half commute to work. Three hours to get to work and back, vs 50 minutes?? Public transportation sucks on the Eastside. Hope you are doing well, and practicing your art!!

The Dead Salesman said...

I haven't found my breaking point yet. I can pretty much take anything.

Laura said...

Wow...I wonder what my limit is? Last weekend it was 4.50 in the city! It is down to around 4.09 here. Some days I go by the gas station and my jaw drops.

Jane and I should really car pool.

Can you read books on the bus? That might be relaxing as long as there are not a lot of crazy people riding the bus.

Everytime I take the bus from the Seattle airport to downtown to catch the ferry there are some crazies. Gives it flavor I guess.

love you.