Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm BACK......

OK. Miss Blogger Police - I will plead no contest to the charge...but here we go:



Freakonomics -- still reading, I like to spread it out chapter by chapter so it will not be over too soon....no I do not believe it is dry. I find it interesting.



On the reading subject - I have finished The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (book 2 - Chronicles of Narnia). It was good several things popped up that I forgot about from the movie.



I also read The Great Gatsby - it was ok, I am glad I can say I read it but I was glad when it was over.



Currently, along with Freakonomics I am reading the Iraq Report and Middlesex. I know very very little about the Iraq and the Middle East in general. Although, the Iraq Report is extremely boring and yes dry - I have educated myself a bit. Now I understand the news stories a bit more and why the Sunni's would be upset with the Shiite's --and who the Kurds are etc - I still do not have enough info to form an educated opinion on the war, withdrawal, resurgence etc...but I am learning.



Now onto a lighter note---the puppies are getting so BIG - I can't to see them again...they are so so cute!!

It is getting cold here in OH --- lows for the next few night 17, 17, 19 -- I AM SO HAPPY -

A HARD FREEZE AT LAST!!!! HARD FREEZE = GET THE MTN BIKE OUT!!! Trails will be reopened this weekend and I will be there 7:30 sharp to get in some much needed miles on dirt...frozen dirt!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!





bad picture of my MTB rig -- freeze. freeze. freeze!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hope you can bike it up this weekend!!!! I have Middlesex in my pile of books. Let me know how you like it. I hope it is good. I would like to read the Iraq report too. A really good book that taught me a lot about the Middle East is called From Beirut to Jeruselem by Thomas Freidman. It is not about Iraq, but is very interesting nonetheless. Don't want to make you jealous, but Mike and I just got back from Portillo's. Hurry back!