Saturday, July 14, 2007

Quick Trip Up North

We made it to Ann Arbor and the 3 hour drive was like a walk in the park compared to the 9 hours to Wisconsin. We were warmly greeted by Shari Beaubini (aka Shari Beaubien)while checking into the Best Western home of Altercations -- the accommodations are nothing to write home about but the company is 5 star. Kim will be taking a Shari's tissue box class and then a quick evening class with Lani from Nova Scotia. Today, I was off to Novi which is a suburb of Detroit a mere 30 minutes NE of Ann Arbor. I was headed to LakeShore Park to hit the 10 miles of singletrack calling my name. The trails were fabulous tight and twisty combined with fast and flowing sections....great trail design. These trails are maintained by the MMBA and were in great shape today as they are holding a race in the morning. (Michigan Mountain Bike Association) This trail has great "crater features" and even a dirt pump track along side of the trails; however, the trails flowed so well I didn't get off my bike much to snap many shots. Here are two shots that I did manage to snag:



Back on Ann Arbor I snuck in and took a quick snap shot of Kim and Shari in Shari's class. Everyone's creations were well underway.........
So, here you have a quick intro to our weekend in Michigan -- I am sure there will be much more to come.....stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trails look delish! They even look like maybe I could ride them..NOT! Not that I would not want to..I can only imagine that with the right bike, I could do anything! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Laura said...

I think I might want to try that trail riding! Looks gorgeous!! Although I end up always picking sedentary activities!

I just started a new book called Hell on Wheels by Mike Magnusen. It is about his start of riding. I read a book by him a few years ago that I loved, so even this subject matter is not top of my list, I wanted to read it. I will show it to you when I see you later this week to see if it interests you!