Monday, August 6, 2007

Personal Growth through Art……..


As you have read over the past couple months I am slowly venturing into the art world and little by little letting myself become captured by its unyielding grasp…..perhaps it allows me to express myself in ways not done before….allows me to open up to the world in a way I would normally be uncomfortable….allowing me to speak without uttering a word…...perhaps it not even about me…..perhaps it about expanding horizons and meeting different people from across the globe, different personalities, beliefs, styles and different forms of expression……whatever is behind the pull is powerful and allowed me to tap into a part of me that has been unseen until late….for some this may surprise and they may or may not see a sort of transformation…other may just see is just another adventure….in any event I would like to thank those who have supported and inspired this new venture…what prompted this post you ask? well, it is artfest 2008…..the schedule of classes came out last week and I was telling myself I was excited for Kim and it will be fun to look through the classes and see what classes would interest her…well what classed not taught by Nina would interest her as we all know she could not get through artfest without her Nina fix, but really who could blame her??? ……anyway, I find myself not reading the classes from her perspective but from mine, would I like this? could I transfer these skills to other projects? could I see myself in the class? Is it over my novice head? The whole idea of artfest is still a bit intimidating...last year I experienced it from a distance, looking in through the window only poking my foot through the door when I felt comfortable…such as evenings at art asylum, the night on the beach and vendor night….surrounded by so much creativity and talent…even as a participant I may still feel like an outsider, perhaps not an intruder but definitely an outsider…..should that keep me from taking classes? I know the answer that was a rhetorical question but still one that goes through my mind….so after much debate I think I will take the challenge and send in my registration and see what happens…..I will give up my days exploring the Fort and Port Townsend on two wheels but perhaps our stay this year can be extended a few days before and after Artfest in order to get the best of both worlds…..the pictures seen here are from artfest 2007 – a few of many faces that I have come to love. Thank you everyone for your encouragement especially kim and nina who keep gently guiding me through this new journey….



6 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

what a wonderful journey we are on and i wouldnt have any other way!
xox~

Anonymous said...

jules, you had BETTER not disappoint me and not show up!!!!!! i can't wait to see the work you create in the classes we discussed - i know you will have an incredible time, and we'll be all the happier, just knowing you are nearby. i love you with all of my heart, sweet thing. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

What an awsome recap of a reawakening! I too have seen you grow from a girl with her toe in the art pool, to one who this year brought along all the equipment for the rest of us to go diving! Way to grow! Keep on writing, keep on sharing.

Shari Beaubien said...

Sweet Julie, You are and always have been an artist in your soul. A class or an experience doesn't make you one. It just gives you something to be excited about! I'm thrilled you'll be joining us there! xoxo, Shari

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

YES YES... Julie... you could NEVER be an outsider... you are one of us!!!! an ARTIST at heart!!!

I am SO GLAD you are going to jump in head first!

xo

celeste said...

i love that idea of going to artfest a few days early to explore all those places you pictured. immersion into nature...i think would bring a bit of a different spin to my art this year. thanks! (i hope to meet you this year at artfest).