Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Seattle Bound....

at least for a look around....as most know, we are headed out to Seattle tomorrow to begin the investigation into the possibilities of a new beginning in the pacific northwest....not really wanting to uproot and move across the country but still curious about the opportunity...spending hours upon hours debating the issue, pros and cons swirling around in my head...I get the following fortune in my fortune cookie last night:

"Be prepared to accept a wondrous opportunity in the days ahead!"

I know, I know it is only a silly cookie, but could it be fate? We'll see, I just thought I would share...at least it put a smile on our faces and lightened the mood of the trip.

7 comments:

Shari Beaubien said...

I know you're full of aprehension and stress right now. And I know this doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. But as I told Kim, at least you'll be on the same coast as me! Hugs, Shari

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

dearest julie... I TOO have been taking to heart the fortunes from the fortune cookies that have come into my hands of late...

I don't think it is silly... somehow.. I think it is the universe trying to give us a nudge and provide courage when we feel the waves of uncertainity and change happening...

LOTS going on in my life nowadays... a change for myself..

always thinking of you and Kim...

xo

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Julie.. I JUST read your comment... and OH how I wish I were on the ferry with you and kim enjoying the wonderful company and the beautiful scenery...

much love!!!!!!!

Laura said...

Hope all is going well!! Can't wait to hear what happens! Think of all the new friends Noreen might make!

celeste said...

best of luck with your decision. we are going up in two weeks for the very same thing! hope we'll get together for art days there!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! And the title of the blog is "building a dream"...

Cyndy Eng-Dinsel said...

As I mentioned to Kim in an email, I live 25 minutes north of Seattle in Bothell. There's a great park with mountain biking trails.......

-Cyndy