Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall is in the Air

As the cooler air drifts so do the fall activities from evening fires, to leaf lined mountain bike trails --- from bright and green colors of summer to the harvest orange colors of fall....I do love this time of year...I especially like building fires in the cool fall evenings. I cleaned out the firepit late last week and we are ready for our evening fires.....roasting hot dogs, marshmallows and making s'mores ... and maybe drinking a couple adult beverages....our cats always loved to come visit when the fire was rolling...we'll see if Wilma still has her fondness for fire.

Well, it has been a while since I have posted... a lot going on.... I have been out of town quite a bit since being back from Seattle, preparing for guests...Kecia was here last weekend and we look forward to Ellen and Lani visiting next week...but not until after my trip to Chicago, don't get too excited all work no play. Speaking of work, we have pretty much decided to take a pass on the Seattle opportunity....while it is a beautiful city it simply crazy expensive to live there after living in the midwest for so long...to uproot everything here just did not make sense at this time.

6 comments:

Ellen Lyn said...

Hey Jenny! I love a good fire....I hope it's still burning for my visit!! I'm kinda glad you guys aren't headed west although I think it would've been a blast, but you're closer (to me) where you are!
C U SOON,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I too am glad you are staying put. It is now possible to head over to your current digs for Tootfest East! No hurry though, it sounds as if you have enough busy-ness in your life as is. Build a fire and sit a spell. Sounds just like heaven!

Laura said...

Okay, that settles that!!! Midwest is the best!

Hey, if you are in the city for work and you have any free time for dinner, call me!!! I will come down and meet you if need be!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!! So great to hear you are staying in the Midwest!! I love fall too and the fires on a fall night - AHHH heaven! Can't wait for Valley Ridge weekend!!!!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

OOooOOo JULES... your fire looks so inviting... and YOU GUYS aren't going..

Are you happy or sad???? I can't tell.

I NEED TO COME VISIT.. DARN IT.. I am gone almost ALL OF OCTOBER.

I SURE HOPE we can catch up in December!!!1

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!
Lots of LOVE to you and my sweet Kim!

Trixie said...

Hey!! It is time for a new post girly! Otherwise I will have to find a new way to stalk you. Miss you much! Get to see you in about three weeks!