Tuesday, October 2, 2007

busy times with friends.........

So many things going on and not a lot of time to sit down and put it in writing.....let's see as I previously mentioned we are not moving to Seattle but are looking to potentially move locally...and yes everyone is asking why? why sell your house, it has space, is new and you just moved in type questions...we really want something old, with old school character and a place to continue to build our lives together....even if it is not in the cards we have had fun looking at house..boy o boy the things we have seen in some older houses...what else? Last week..I visited one of my favorite cities...chicago...for a three day stint...was there for work so it wasn't quite the same without kim and the chicago gang...but I still got to walk around michigan avenue, become very familiar with the red and orange lines between the watertower and mccormick place and midway...gotta love the CTA..can you say $2, $2, $2.....

I got home on Friday in time to catch up with Kim and Ellen...Ellen arrived in town from Little Rock....we met Lani for dinner at PF Changs. Saturday we helped Lani out in the morning at the BATA Symposium and then came home -- did a little creating -- and then Kim, Ellen and me went to Kim's brother Brian's 43rd birthday celebration....it was a great night, chilly but nothing the fire couldn't take care of..bud light, friends and a fire...who could ask for anything else???? Sunday we hit Byzantium with Ellen and showed her around downtown Columbus before her flight back to Little Rock.

Very busy weekend...but it doesn't slow down.. downtime this week but a lot of household projects are calling my name to get this house officially "on the market" -- our neighbors that own the grain farm across the street are having their annual pig roast on Saturday that benefits the cancer society..the farmers wife is a cancer survivor...next week I'm off to Maysville, KY for work and before we know it -- our trip to Wisconsin and Valley Ridge will be right around the corner....Kim is taking a Lynn Perrella class with Laura, Jane and Beth we will then meet up with trish for tootfest three...I hope to spend the first couple days exploring kettle morraine...it is a bit of a drive from Valley Ridge but it sounds worth it!! of all things i am excited to use my new I-Pass on the toll roads in chicago....

have i missed anything....the only thing i can think of is a coil bracelet class kim and I took a few weekends ago....here are our finished products...kim's is orange and mine is the other one...




2 comments:

Trixie said...

Lovely art, a wonderful post, and I feel better already! Thanks for the update and I will get to see you soon!! Take care of yourself and enjoy the time you can steal away.

Lani Gerity said...

I miss you all already, now that I'm feeling better! And make sure you fumigate the blue room!

Have fun at the pig roast!

Oh and tell Ruby hey for me!