Tuesday, September 2, 2008

as summer fades to fall...

i have been very delinquent in memorializing this summers adventures but not to worry there have been many.... a fun little get-a-way to ann arbor for kim's sally jean class and a quick visit with lani ... fun evenings with deb and kelly ... reuniting with an old friend... taking advantage of a cool august weekend to host a fire with friends and then yes to top it off a week plus at valley ridge which will forever have a place in my heart....the friendships made and rekindled at valley ridge will always bring a smile to my face and feed the desire to return...the week began with nina's gatherings class, then a few fun days beth helped us fill in madison -- willy street, state street, the coop, st vinnies, antiques (not my favorite) jolly bobs, margaritas in the middle of the day, you name it we did it...thanks beth for the tour de madison....but before we even got to wisconsin we spent time in chicago with laura and jane...the usual good time ...jackson square, portillos and trader joes...thanks laura for the accommodations in the bird room!!...our week in wisconsin finished with nina's 3 day pmc class....it was over all too soon and i am ready to turn around and drive the nine hours right back to witek rd....what makes it so special? well, a little bit of everything...the studio, the farm, the beautiful wisconsin backdrop, bill, kathy, nina all rolled up into one big ball of learning, laughter and love...valley ridge has truly touched me in a very special way and it gets better with each and every trip!!






3 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

you write the best words, my friend..you said it all so perfect....

beth said...

this was a GREAT post....and better late then never... is what I always say !!!

That cow picture...OMG...how long have I lived in wisconsin and that is by far the best one I've ever seen !!!

And ummm....me and kim and our flags....TOO FUNNY !!!!

Seriously, this was a great wrap up and so fun to re-live those memories again !!!

{oh, and the bugs lately, charmaine and pam and anyone else who wants to be named...i really love them !!!}

Laura said...

Look at me, I am famous!!! Love this post....so much fun I am dizzy!