Friday, September 19, 2008

Perfect Harmony....


Many bloggers have captured the spirit and magic of the squam art retreat but for me it can only be described as perfect harmony.....the perfect balance of friendships, nature and challenges...i still feel I am just testing the waters attending these various art retreats and feel all the anxiety, uncertainly and nervous energy going into these settings but here at SAW it was different...i felt so at home...at camp in the woods ...both places where i am comfortable and in my own element...so here we are cool weather, crystal clear water and unbelievable smells in the mix of pines and perfectly scattered birch tress....the anxiety, uncertainly and nervous energy were all there yes but in a positive way...an eagerness to jump in with both feet. Not to worry however I had my life preservers close by....sharon, ellen, kim and nina....they each made the week special in their own way...so many memories not to be forgotten...sharon's introduction to noreen, a yellow moose on top of a building in hoosick, ny, walmart in manchester with ellen and misty, sharing wine with two very special souls, sangria and awful service at canoe, all the laughter, tears, love and general fuckery that wonderful night on the dock, keeping the fire roaring in our classroom, sharing masking tape with delightful joy from canada, creating a journal and necklace with very little resemblance of what we were supposed to be doing in class, i could go on and on and on but this post is already too wordy...where are my pictures?? i was very lax this trip in my photo documentation relying on the incredible sharon...but here are a few i managed to snap around the lake area....enjoy the views while i continue to sit back and recollect on the week with a smile on my face.....



6 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

wow, your posts always blow me away...squam = bliss....xoxox

Sharon Andrews said...

Julie, I have read many blog post pertaining to Squam but I felt your post was not just from the heart but from the depth of your soul. I could feel it, maybe because I was there with you. You do have a gift with the written word!

Laura said...

Wow!!! Your pix are so gorgeous!! Frameable for sure! So glad you had a good time! Love the term "general fuckery!" I have the feeling we will be up to that next weekend!

beth said...

not too wordy AT ALL !!!
I loved this post....and I've never thought of you being nervous...you hide it well !!!

and your writing...DAMN girl !!! You impress me !!!

{and thanks for the opinion by the way on the corners}

Ellen Lyn said...

Have I told you lately?

YOU'RE SWEET!!!!!!!!!

beth said...

totally loving your new blog banner....

and the next time we are together I'll take your photo TTVF and kim's...and then you can have fun with them.....

BUT....they do not want to change in size at all....they really need to stay little to keep the effect...