Saturday, October 25, 2008

Washington DC


Leonard and I took a quick trip to DC last week for a work related seminar but had a little time to explore ...enjoy....



we started off in arlington at the cemetary...

watched the changing of the guard.....

saw the eternal flame...

without a cab in sight we walked back to dc...the view back to dc from memorial bridge...
VALOR - a gift from the people Italy...

the lincoln memorial...
leonard by a pillar in order to fully appreciate the size...
Mr. Lincoln...
looking off the lincoln memorial stairs down the mall....
WW2 Memorial

the washinton momument from its base....
and at night...

2 comments:

Ellen Lyn said...

What did you think of the WWII Memorial? We visited just after it opened and I was very moved. I liked the circular affect. And, dang, don't you get around!
xoxox

mackelly said...

I can't wait to go to Washington now that we have a President whom I believe in! Your pics are great!!