Friday, May 1, 2009

spring travels



settling back into life at good manor after an april full of travel...i spent a week, well week and a half, traveling to north carolina, california and then back to north carolina. the first part of my trip was spent riding and camping with my COMBO mountain biking friends. the weather couldn't have been better and the trails were picture perfect. yes, there was a lot of climbing but what goes up...must come down.....after getting my dirt fix, i headed west to spend a couple wonderful days in the mountains with a sweet, sweet friend - noreen even made an appearance here and there and provided us with several laughs - all kidding aside i felt so at home in this little part of the world - it truly was beautiful and mesmerizing. my carolina trip was interrupted by a quick business trip to napa but after flying overnight on thursday, i arrived back in asheville safely, albeit a bit tired. it was so nice to be welcomed back to the mountains with open arms...saturday's drive on the parkway will never be forgotten, nor will the congested jaunt through cherokee...what a sight!! i know i have said it before but thank you nina for a wonderful visit to your mountains....plenty of beauty along with a good deal of laughter...i can't think of a better way to usher in spring.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sooo pretty - I wish I was in the mountains right now! They are so peaceful and I swear, someday, I am going to live there! Thanks for sharing!!