Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wood Turning - Take One

Last week I took my first wood turning class and I am hooked...already checking Craigs List for used wood lathes. I was of course the odd one out in class, three retired men and one guy in his mid-forties all telling old shop class stories....but I am ready for my next class...ready for more pens, then spindles, then bowels and pepper mills...the possibilities are endless. I was looking at an on-line woodturning catalog today and saw a couple kits that I already have ideas on how to alter and put my own spin on it or would it be turn on it...ok enough...here are a couple shots of the process...of course I did not get a shot of the blank before we started but you will get the idea.............stay tuned for more.............

3 comments:

Laura said...

Did you make that pen already????? Wow! Gorgeous!!!

How exciting to find a new passion! I love it! Can't wait to follow along with you on this path!

dogfaeriex5 said...

when can i put my order it? silver hardware please.....it really is much better in person!xo

celeste said...

love it!