Thursday, April 5, 2007

ARTFEST 2007

......little did I know I would actually feel a part of Artfest 2007 when my trip began....my plans were to simply spend some time by myself in the woods exploring all the trails and sights that port townsend had to offer while taxiing kim back and forth to her activities....although I did get plenty of time to explore my trip turned out to be so much more.....meeting the other artists ellen, sarah, julie, cynthia, lani from nova scotia - hanging out at the commons, art asylum, on the beach and in town with everyone was a wonderful...everyone contributing something different to the group...thanks everyone for making me feel like part of your artfest experience........the bed and breakfast we stayed at was great the owners carol and john were great (although they thought my name was Jennie) and I just loved the little guy...buddy......what else?? it seems like so much in such a small amount of time.....I mountain biked on thur and fri, got my first real massage on fri afternoon, hung out with Dji after my massage, went to Lake Cushman to meet up at Dji's lake house, meet Mr. Dji, PJ and Jenny -- we had a great hike through the woods and then a nice, sort of off the wall get together back at artfest after the "official artfesters" show and tell.........i hope everyone can make it back next year for more fun and laughter.........some pictures will follow but first take a look at "my art" -- sarah taught everyone how to needle felt and since I had nothing better to do and there was an extra needle this was the product:
I made the body which looked like a piece of bubble gum and then the wings and kim turned turned it into this special little creature adding the head, eyes and dots on the wings.

Here is Kim and Ellen on the beach after searching for shells, rocks, sea glass and anything else interesting in the sand..... Here I am a on Artillery Hill high above Fort Warden, my head is backed up to the bluff which drops above 5 stories to the sound below:
A better picture to put above into perspective: A trail offshoot that led right to another drop off: Don't forget about Buddy:

My hike with Dji and her dogs PJ and Jennie:



For more pictures check out this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66929610@N00/sets/72157600044547560/

All in all one great get away the new faces, new places and new experiences will make this weekend memorable. The weekend will always pop into my thoughts when I hear Little Rock, Cincinnati, Seattle, Tacoma and of course Nova Scotia.

Oh yeah, one more thing....artiscape is coming up in May and of course Kim has a full course schedule booked but (OK everyone sit down) I even signed up for two classes!! I will actually be a bona fide true participant......who knows what this may lead to...........wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Ellen Lyn said...

OMG!! Those flickr photos are crazy!! But I couldn't figure out where to order the whole album~???? How's your felting going? And aren't you going to kick some artist butt and take some teacher names with your two classes!!! YoU GO, giRL!!!!!!!!