Monday, April 30, 2007

Catching Up......

Well, it has certainly been a while since I have taken the time to post of my new adventures. Shortly after my last post, Kim and I were off to Philadelphia, well West Chester, PA to be exact for a live audience presentation of Kirk's Follyon QVC. Like last year, we rented a car and drove the seven hours instead of flying. We swung by the airport in Philly to pick up Sue and then I was off to the Paoli train station to snatch Kathleen. Dji, Anne Marie and Mary Jo arrived later in the evening. We were off to a rip roaring start however enjoying a few cocktails and getting reaquainted....b/c it had been so long since St Patrick's day and its not like there are not hundreds of e-mails flying around on a weekly basis, but then again it is different to be face to face.


The next day the show went off without a hitch. We were a little concerned with the show host, but Antonella was a perfect match. The best part of the show was Kim's modeling of her two silver shawls that she turned into a poncho....you never know when you get your chance at fame and she was ready, willing and on her game! Can't wait to get that dvd to replay that priceless footage.

And yes, I do feel as out of place at these events as I look in this picture but sometimes it is good to venture outside of your element. While the whole jewelry thing is not my bag so to speak it is enlightening to see everyone's spirits lifted and genuine happiness pour out of everyone when they are in the Kirk's Folly realm. It has given me the opportunity to meet seven new faces that I can now truly call friends, visit Rhode Island on two occasions and participate in the Autism Ball that turned out to be a wonderful success.


To fill our Saturday in PA, we went to this little town of New Hope on the Delaware River just before you enter New Jersey. Kathleen said oh yeah this is only an 45 minute to and hour drive, a little over two hours later we finally pull in. It was worth the drive though lots of cute shops, some art galleries and plenty of bars to stop and have a cold one. We ended the day at a hat store and oh my look what we came upon.....




The ride home was not as bad as anticipated. The weather was beautiful and traffic was not an issues. We stopped at Cabela's on the way home but were disappointed in the deals we could find. I guess we just got lucky last year. We met Heather at Aubelo's for dinner and then were home ready to face reality on Monday morning.


The work was generally uneventful, stressful as usual. Tuesday we were in Cleveland but the rest of the week was spent here in Columbus. Luckily a couple after work stops at The Inn Between made the week go a little faster.


The highlight of this weekend was Heather and Leonard's wedding shower. Here is the happy couple after opening all their wonderful surprises. And yes, we better be invited over for some fancy Italian food from that new cookbook....but please hold the wheat flour!!
Next weekend is Artiscape in which Kim is getting all geared up for...I am actually taking two classes a metal texture class and some carved atc stamp class. The second one worries me a bit as I have no idea what I am getting myself into. Anyway, when not in class I intend on getting some much needed miles on my mountain bike. Let's hope for good weather......

For my artiscape trades, I am going to try and incorporate the rear cassette and derailleur from my new road bike...we'll see how it turns out.......

It looks like it is coming down to time crunch to get these done, but don't fret I will find some time between now and Thursday evening. I guess that is all until after Artiscape, perhaps my post will be a bit more insightful but for now you all you get is pictures and a timeline........but then again you could be sitting alone in a hotel room in Boone County, KY enjoying a triple whopper value meal....okay, okay I'll buy you a jack when you get back!!!

2 comments:

Cyndy Eng-Dinsel said...

Hey Jennie-Julie,

Looks like you're slowly being sucked ino the artsy craftsy world! Have fun in your upcoming art classes. I can't wait to see what you come back with!!! Cyndy

Hey said...

Okay, so I had to read the whole post! Very cool. Looks like you guys had a blast that weekend. And it is exciting that you are getting involved in the art stuff. It's really nice to share an interested with someone you love. :)

TTYL